I have multiple research positions available at MBZUAI in the areas of:
- Multilingual, low-resource NLP
- Efficient NLP (efficient training, lightweight models)
- Machine Translation
name_tok = full_name.split(" ") mail = name_tok + "." +name_tok + "@mbzuai.ac.ae"
MBZUAI offers a fully-funded MS/PhD program with generous benefits. Please check the requirements and apply here.
- For MSc, we provide free accommodation and ~2100 USD/month stipend.
- For PhD, we provide free accommodation and ~2700 USD/month stipend or ~4000 USD/month stipend if married (no free accomodation).
If you have any questions or would like to work with me on the above topics, feel free to contact me.
I am seeking a postdoctoral research fellow to work on improving the efficiency of large language models such as GPT or BLOOM. The following qualifications are required:
- Applicants must have a PhD degree or be in the process of obtaining one
- A strong understanding of how large language models function
- A good track record of research publications, with preference given to those who have published in prestigious venues such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, ICLR, NeurIPS, etc.
- Proficient programming skills
- Experience in working on efficiency-related tasks such as knowledge distillation and pruning is desirable.
The monthly salary for this position will be 100k USD (tax-free). If you are interested in applying, please send me your CV. Please note that I may not be able to respond to every submission.
Internships / Visiting Researchers / Research Assistant:
I have a few opportunities to host short-term research interns/assistants or visitors (duration between 2-6 months). These positions are aimed at bachelor/master students and graduates. To apply, please send me your CV and explain why you are interested in this position.
Research from Indonesia:
I am open to co-supervising Indonesian students and currently collaborating with Universitas Indonesia and Institut Teknologi Bandung. If you are a student from either of these universities and would like to collaborate, please feel free to contact me.